Looking For Volunteer Drivers!
The Children’s Aid Society of the District of Nipissing and Parry Sound is currently seeking volunteer drivers to support the children and youth in our care. We rely on volunteer drivers to assist in providing transportation for children to and from various appointments including family visits, day care, school and other outings and events. Drivers are reimbursed for their mileage and will receive training.
Volunteers for the Children’s Aid Society play a significant role in helping provide care to children and youth in our care by donating their time and compassion to assist them in different areas including driving, tutoring, mentoring and just being there for them.
Volunteer positions vary and are arranged to accommodate the time available for each volunteer, whether it is occasional, one hour per month, one day per week or more. Please inquire based on your availability.
- Provide transportation for children in our care, using their own vehicles, to and from various appointments and activities
- Drivers are reimbursed for their mileage
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Minimum 5 years driving experience
- Own vehicle with a current safety certificate
- Be in good health
Other Positions Available
- Spend time with a child or family
- Share mutual interests and provide companionship.
- Assist children in a one-on-one setting to complete homework, with educational activities to advance learning and improve grades.
Special Events Volunteers
- Assist with special events and programs.